The Car Leasing Guru scoring system is based on the overall value a particular vehicle offers.
We do not single out specific terms and mileages, instead, we concentrate on the entirety of a lease over multiple terms and mileages to create an overall score.
This score is converted into a meaningful number between 0 and 10 so that you can better understand which vehicle offers the best value.
Car Leasing Guru is a leasing guide, built specifically to tell you exactly what you should be paying to lease a vehicle.
9.0 to 10:
Unbelievable – Incredible value for money. Often high spec, high list price, small monthly payments. Insane, you should definitely look into leasing one of these! Any vehicle with a 9.0 and above should be added to your shortlist.
- Audi A4 Avant – 40 TFSI Black Edition 5dr S Tronic (Score: 9.1)
- BMW 3 Series Touring – 320i M Sport Shadow Edition 5dr (Score: 9.8)
- Kia Sportage Diesel Estate – 1.6CRDi ISG GT-Line 5dr (Score: 9.0)
- Volvo XC60 Diesel Estate – 2.0 D4 Momentum 5dr AWD Geartronic (Score: 9.1)
8.0 to 8.9:
Great – We enthusiastically recommend any vehicle in this category. Seriously impressive value for money; add it to a watchlist and compare against a few other vehicles.
- Alfa Romeo Giulia Diesel Saloon – 2.2 JTDM-2 190 Speciale 4dr Auto (Score: 8.4)
- Fiat 500 Hatchback – 1.2 Lounge 3dr (Score: 8.0)
- Ford Focus Hatchback – 1.0 EcoBoost 125 ST-Line 5dr (Score: 8.3)
- Nissan Qashqui Hatchback – 1.3 DiG-T N-Connecta 5dr (Score 8.9)
7.0 to 7.9:
Good – Really good value, but others are better. You may well get more for less if you find a vehicle with a score with 8.0 or above. We still recommend a car in this category but would advise a little more research before pushing ahead.
- Audi A3 Diesel Saloon – 30 TDI 116 Sport 4dr
- Hyundai Kona – 1.0T GDi Blue Drive Premium 5dr (Score: 7.9)
- Lexus CT Hatchback – 200h 1.8 Takumi 5dr CVT (Score: 7.7)
- Mercedes C Class Diesel Saloon – C220d AMG Line 4dr 9G-Tronic (Score 7.7)
6.0 to 6.9:
Okay – Much like vehicles that sit in the 7.0 to 7.9 range, there are better vehicles to pick than these ones. We’d recommend looking at other models in the range to see if you can get a better price. Oftentimes you’ll find something with more specification and actually pay less…
- Hyundai I40 Saloon – 1.6 GDi Blue Drive SE Nav 4dr (Score: 6.7)
- Jeep Wrangler Hard Top – 2.0 GME Sahara 2dr Auto8 (Score: 6.8)
- Mazda 6 Saloon – 2.0 SE-L Nav+ 4dr (Score: 6.1)
- Suzuki Jimny Estate – 1.5 SZ4 AllGrip 3dr (Score: 6.8)
5.0 to 5.9:
Mediocre – Starting to get very uneconomical in terms of the overall leasing cost. We would advise looking at other vehicles before moving forward. Only seriously consider this vehicle if other vehicles can’t fill the gap.
- Dacia Sandero Hatchback – 0.9 TCe Essential 5dr (Score: 5.3)
- Infiniti Q50 Saloon – 3.5h Luxe 4dr Auto (Score 5.3)
- Renault Clio Hatchback – 1.0 SCe 75 Play 5dr (Score: 5.8)
- Vauxhall Crossland X Hatchback – 1.2 SE Nav 5dr (Score: 5.7)
0.0 to 4.9:
Bad – Just plain avoid these vehicles. These vehicles make absolutely no economic sense to lease. you would be better off spending your money elsewhere.
- Fiat Qubo Estate – 1.4 8V Pop 5dr (Score: 4.9)
- Ssangyong Tivoli Hatchback – 1.6 SE 5dr (Score: 4.9)