Car Leasing Guru’ respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit and use our website (regardless of where you visit it from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how ‘Car Leasing Guru’ collects and processes your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you register or enquire on our website or use our services.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We only collect personal information when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Website [‘Car Leasing Guru’]. This information may include:
- Information you provide to us when you create an account with us, which will include your first name, maiden name, last name, email address and telephone number;
- Any correspondence you have with leasing companies via our Websites;
- Records of your interactions with ‘Car Leasing Guru’ (e.g. if you use us to negotiate a Car lease).
- Information collected automatically, using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. which pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in one of our email updates). We may also collect information about the device you use to access our Websites.
- We may also receive confirmation from our leasing partner(s) if you buy a car from them, for our accounting purposes and to manage their account with us.
What do we use this personal information for?
Depending on how you use our Websites, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- To fulfil database requests submitted via the Websites (e.g. using our pricing system);
- To contact you about your use of the Websites and send you “deals” and “offers”;
- Contact from our leasing provider(s) via our Websites, Soper of Lincoln t/as Key2Lease know as: Key2Lease, and KeytoLease, Car Leasing Guru may telephone you to confirm your interest in leasing a vehicle;
- To manage and respond to any queries or complaints;
- To personalise the Websites to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your history on the Websites;
- To fulfil our obligations to the leasing provider(s) we work with;
- To improve and maintain the Websites, and monitor its usage;
- For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about your experience on our Websites;
- To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so;
- For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties; and
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as we are providing a service to you, and do so in accordance with any limitation periods and records retention obligations that are imposed by applicable law. We retain Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. We also retain Personal Data to comply with our tax, accounting, and financial reporting obligations.
‘Car Leasing Guru’ is the controller and responsible for your personal data (collectively referred to as ‘Car Leasing Guru’, “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
We have appointed a privacy manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact this person using the details set out below.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Car Leasing Guru
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Processing under UK Law
We rely on your consent to process your personal information via our websites. This is so we can provide you with the services we offer; for example, when you use or browse our ‘contract hire pricing estimate’ system, when you request “deals” and “offers”. You can withdraw your content at any time via the email you receive from us regarding your “pricing match”, which is defined as “OPT-OUT”.
We may also process your personal information where it is in our legitimate interests to do so, in order to maintain our Websites and conduct our business. For example:
- We conduct an analysis on our user base and the searches made via our Websites;
- We may contact you after you have used our Websites to ask if you have bought a car (so that we can collect commission from our leasing provider(s), and for our own internal research purposes); and
- Where you or a leasing provider confirm that you have found a vehicle via the Websites, we will process your personal information in order to fulfil our obligations to the leasing provider(s) we work with and collect any commission due.
Marketing & Advertising
Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal information to send you marketing via email or SMS. Some of these messages may be tailored to you, based on your previous use of our Websites.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us you can change your preferences at any time by clicking on the ‘Click here to unsubscribe link in any email’
You may also see adverts for our Websites on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to users who have visited our Websites). Where you see an ad on social media, this may because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our users, or others who match the demographic profile of our users. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
Who do we share this personal information with?
We share users’ personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With leasing provider(s), to pass on your interest or specific query. ‘Car Leasing Guru’ only share the personal information you submit when you request “price matching” via the tick box in our pricing estimate system. You may Opt-Out of this at anytime via the pricing estimate email you receive, and the “opt-out’ link.
- With our suppliers and service providers, for example; leasing provider(s) to contact you via telephone and/or email to confirm your interest about a car via our Websites;
- With our professional and legal advisors;
- With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection;
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, in response to a lawful request or court order;
- Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so.
We also disclose aggregate data, which does not identify any user personally, including to third parties working in media, consumer research and the automotive industry.
Users under 18
Our Websites are not intended for, and should not be used by, anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 18.
This version was last updated on 25th October 2018.